Zan’s Minimap (also known as VoxelMap) is a modification for Minecraft 1.7.4, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 that adds a fully functional minimap (like the ones in WoW, Guildwars) on the right corner of your screen. Zan’s Minimap is very similar to Rei’s minimap but it has some extra options for customization. It has support for square map, waypoint beacons, death marker and better rendering. Also, it gets updated quickly as soon the new Minecraft version releases.
Zan’s Minimap Mod Features:
- Support for Aliens Motion Tracker and Retro Sun Direction mod
- Better height indicator for mobs
- Death Marker shows your last death location
- Square shaped minimap
- Graphical Menu for modifying map details.
- Radar Mod for multiplayer
- Additional texture packs supported
- Multiple languages supported
Download Zan’s Minimap mod for Minecraft
For 1.7.4 – Currently Under development
For 1.5.2 zanMap152.zip (355 KB)
For 1.6.2 ZansMinimap1.6.2.zip (Forge)
For 1.6.4 ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip (Forge)
by MamiyaOtaru – Last updated 14th February, 2014
How to install Zan’s Minimap Mod in Minecraft
- Download and install latest version of Forge API or Modloader.
- Download Zan’s minmap from the link above.
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and press Enter.
- Open the file Minecraft.jar using archive software (WinRAR, 7zip etc.)
- Open Zan’s Minimap zip file and drag and drop it’s files and folders into the Jar
- Also, delete META-INF folder in Jar to avoid black-screen issues.
- Launch Minecraft and check if mod is properly installed.
Tips and Warnings
- Make a back-up of your Minecraft.jar before trying out this mod.
- It’s recommended to install this mod on fresh copy of game.
- This mod was first developed by Zaneris then Lahwran contiued its development for short time.