Good news for everyone! Mojang AB, the guys behind Minecraft have officially unveiled the Minecraft 1.6 in form of pre-release. It’s now available for download for both client and server. The Minecraft v1.6 update brings a huge number of changes, new content and bug fixes. The Texture Packs are now transformed/renamed into Resource Packs, they can now hold animations, sound files etc. The are tons of performance improvements to stabilize the game and make it even smoother. As we know, a batch of animals is also added (Horses yay!). The official v1.6 is set to release on Monday, July 1st 2013 so, enjoy the pre-release till then.
Minecraft 1.6 Change-logs (Patch Notes)
- Added Horses
- Added Donkeys, Mules
- Added Horse Armor
- Added Leads
- Added Carpets
- Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
- Added Block of Coal
- Added Name Tags (item)
- Added Hay Bales
- Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
- Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
- Removed Herobrine
Download Minecraft 1.6 Pre-Release
Tips and Warnings
- Please back-up your Minecraft saves, maps and configuration files before trying out this version.
- This update requires new launcher so you don’t need any Jar files.