Minecraft 1.7 Pre-Release Now Available
Good news for all the Minecraft fans! Mojang has launched the pre-release of Minecraft 1.7. The new patch brings additional content and gameplay improvements. You will notice new blocks, better world generation, multiplayer tweaks, graphics changes and tons of other new stuff. This is by far the biggest update Minecraft has received in months. The pre-release download is available for testing, if everything goes smooth the patch will be released on Friday 25th October, 2013.
Here’s the list of major changes that Mojang Posted
- New world generation!
- Double the amount of biomes, with new trees/flowers/blocks.
- New “Amplified” world option.
- Less ocean, more awesome.
- New blocks!
- Two new types of wood.
- Stained glass! With both blocks and panes.
- Packed ice, red sand, podzol.
- Lots of new flowers, including double-tall versions of current plants.
- Added more type of fish.
- Redone the fishing mechanics. Can now catch junk and treasure too.
- Fishing rod enchantments!
- Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
- Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
- Now with less lag!
- Achievement & Statistics overhaul!
- Now both world (or server) specific.
- In multiplayer, it’s announced to everybody when you get an achievement.
- You can move your mouse over this in the chat to see what it was!
- Some new achievements and statistic types were added.
- Zoomable achievements screen!
- Multiplayer enhancements!
- Servers can now put a 64×64 image called “server-icon.png” in their folder, that you will see on your server list.
- You can see who’s online before joining a server; move your mouse over the player count!
- Lots of hidden preparation for allowing name changes.
- Resource pack changes!
- You can now have multiple selected.
- They can completely re-do your sounds, adding new ones or changing current ones.
- Servers can now recommend a resource pack for you to use.
- Chat & command improvements!
- New commands to spawn mobs or blocks of any type.
- Command block minecart!
- Clickable links to achievements and items.
- Click on somebody’s name in the chat to message them!
- Lots and lots of internal work!
- Completely rewrote how the network (multiplayer) works.
- Completely rewrote the sound manager.
- New graphics options.
- Basic shader support testing.
- Many bugs fixed, including:
How to get Minecraft 1.7 Pre-release
- Start Minecraft Launcher
- Click New Profile button from left bottom corner.
- Click “Enable Experimental Development Versions (snapshots)”.
- Now open Use Versions drop down menu and select “Snapshot 1.7”
- Save profile and click PLAY, it will download and start Minecraft 1.7
1.7 and 1.7.1 should be released on Friday october 25:(25-10-2013) but he’s not available for download could someone tell me why?
it is today