MCNostalgia is a very useful tool/program for Minecraft 1.4.7 which allows you to downgrade your Minecraft to any previous version (1.4.6, 1.4.5 and 1.3.2 etc) without illegally distributing Jar files. It finds the differences in the new version and replaces them with original old files, hence reverting your MC version. This program comes handy when you accidentally upgrade to new version and find that the mods are not compatible yet. The latest version is; MCNostalgia 1.4.7
- Supports downgrade to any previous version
- Comes with Graphical User Interface
- Automatically downloads the patches
- Numerous bug fixes
- Supports Mac OS and Linux
- Automatic detection of current version
How to use MCNostalgia Tool
- Download the zip file from links below.
- Mac/Linux users: Run MCNostalgia.py (make sure you have Python installed) and follow the instructions inside command line interface to downgrade
- Windows users: Run MCNostalgia.exe, select your desired version and press OK to initiate downgrade.
- When the process is done, Run Minecraft to check.
Download MCNostalgia Tool 1.4.7
MCNostalgia2.1.2.zip (10.2 MB)
by sonicrules1234 – Last updated 3rd January 2012
Tips and Warnings:
- Please make a back-up of your Minecraft before continuing.
- Make sure your mods are compatible with the version you’re downgrading to.
- Keep your Minecraft closed during the process.