Forge ModLoader is a modification that provides extensive modding capabilities in Minecraft 1.8.8. FML is standalone modloader from Minecraft Forge which is lot similar to Risugami’s ModLoader but it works on both client and server sided, thus providing support for multi-player mods. Additionally, it allows you to install HD texture-packs right away. Now, ForgeModloader is now required by a lot of mods to provide feature-rich experiences to ever miner.
Forge ModLoader main features:
- Easy installation, doesn’t download extra files after first run
- Supports SSP, SMP modifications.
- Standalone version of Forge.
- HD Texture packs supported (without OptiFine)
Download Forge Modloader for Minecraft 1.8.8/1.8
For 1.8.8: Available right after its release.
For 1.8 Src: fml-1.8-src.zip (5.6 MB)
For 1.8 Universal: fml-1.8-universal.zip (780 KB)
Download Forge ModLoader for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.7.9
For 1.7.2: fml-1.7.2-184.108.40.2066-installer.jar (installer)
For 1.6.4:fml-universal-latest.jar (installer)
For 1.6.2:fml-installer-1.6.2-220.127.116.117.jar (1.1 MB)
For 1.5.2: fml-universal-1.5.2-18.104.22.1687.zip (814 KB)
by cpw – Last updated 25th May, 2014
How to install Forge ModLoader (client) in Minecraft:
For 1.7.9 and 1.6.4:
- Open the installer jar file, it will automatically install FML.
For 1.5.2 and below, read the instructions below:
- Download the FML mod zip file from the link above.
- Open Start Menu, type %appdata%/.minecraft/bin and press Enter.
- You’ll see Minecraft.jar file, right-click and open it up with WinRAR/7zip etc.
- Now open the mod zip file with same WinRAR (refer to Step #1)
- Drag and Drag FML zip file contents (files and folders) into the root of Minecraft.jar
- Delete META-INF folder in Jar to avoid blackscreen problem.
- Run Minecraft to check the installation.
Tips and Warnings
- If possible, use a fresh copy of Minecraft to install FML
- If you’re installing it on a server copy the files in Minecraft_Server.jar instead.
- Make a backup of your world saves and jar before install.