Minecraft Forge (API) for Minecraft 1.8.8, 1.8 and 1.7.10 is an open-source tool or a modification layer which provides modding capabilities to developers and players. It allows them to remove and sometimes minimize the incompatibilities between Minecraft mods. For instance; players can install multiple mods of similar functionality without any glitches or errors. On the other hand developers can hook their mods rightly without worrying about conflicts with other mods.
Download the Minecraft Forge Installer for Windows and Mac
For 1.8.8: Minecraft v1.8.8 is newly released version. Forge will take some time to update. Be patient.
For 1.8: forge-1.8-220.127.116.110-installer.jar [Installer]
For 1.7.10:forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1424-1.7.10-installer.jar (2.9 MB)
For 1.7.2: forge-1.7.2-10.12.2.1147-installer.jar (2.59 MB)
For v1.6.4:forge-1.6.4-18.104.22.1685-installer.jar (Installer, 2.2 MB)
For v1.6.2:minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-22.214.171.1241.jar (2.0 MB)
For v1.5.2 – minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-126.96.36.1998.zip (1.9 MB)
For v1.4.7 – minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-188.8.131.524.zip (1.73 MB)
By LexManos and cpw, supports all platforms. Last updated 27th July, 2015
Minecraft Forge Changelogs:
- Bump version for new RB.
- Cleanup some spammy output.
- Quiet ClassPatchManager debug spam by default. Reenable using -Dfml.debugClassPatchManager=true.
- Quiet FMLControlledNamespacedRegistry debug spam by default. Reenable using -Dfml.debugRegistryEntries=true.
- Quiet CrashReport class pre-loading debug, no flag to re-enable.
- Cleanup mod signature data table. Easily seperating those mods with signatures vs those with none.
- Cleanup mod state dump to be easier to read by displaying the states in abreviation and placing them before the mod info.
How to install Minecraft Forge API:
All the new versions of Forge come with installer, the steps below are for v1.5.2 and below.
- Download the latest version of Forge from link above.
- Go to your /.minecraft/bin folder and open Minecraft.jar using WinRAR or 7zip
- Open mod zip file, drag and drop its files and folders into the jar
- Delete META-INF inside the jar
- Launch Minecraft and check
Tips and Warnings:
- Minecraft Forge has a built in FML (ModLoader), you don’t need to install any.
- It’s better to install MCF on a fresh copy of Minecraft.
- Majority of Forge mods install inside, <C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods> folder.
- Do a test run before installing any mods in MCForge.
- Minecraft Forge updates very often, make sure you have latest version.