Minecraft Forge (API) for Minecraft 1.8.4, 1.8 and 1.7.10 is an open-source tool or a modification layer which provides modding capabilities to developers and players. It allows them to remove and sometimes minimize the incompatibilities between Minecraft mods. For instance; players can install multiple mods of similar functionality without any glitches or errors. On the other hand developers can hook their mods rightly without worrying about conflicts with other mods.
Minecraft Forge Changelogs:
Changelog: Build 1340: cpw: Try and improve performance of the registry by avoiding superType.cast. Something I meant to add a long time ago, but it got overlooked. Clean up my patch. Terrible person I am.. Forgot that I need a noarg ctor. I'm so rusty. Need to load the dimension from disk - do it without filling out the player so that the normal player loading (including events) works properly
Minecraft Forge for Mincecraft 1.8.4, 1.7.10 and below:
For 1.8.4: Forge for 1.8.4 will be available right after its release.
For 1.8: forge-1.8-220.127.116.111-installer.jar [Installer]
For 1.7.10: forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1340-1.7.10-installer.jar (2.9 MB)
For 1.7.2: forge-1.7.2-10.12.2.1147-installer.jar (2.59 MB)
For v1.6.4: forge-1.6.4-18.104.22.1685-installer.jar (Installer, 2.2 MB)
The download link above updates automatically to latest version of Forge.
For v1.6.2: minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-22.214.171.1241.jar (2.0 MB)
For v1.5.2 – minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-126.96.36.1998.zip (1.9 MB)
For v1.4.7 – minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-188.8.131.524.zip (1.73 MB)
By LexManos and cpw, supports all platforms.
How to install Minecraft Forge API:
All the new versions of Forge come with installer, the steps below are for v1.5.2 and below.
- Download the latest version of Forge from link above.
- Go to your /.minecraft/bin folder and open Minecraft.jar using WinRAR or 7zip
- Open mod zip file, drag and drop its files and folders into the jar
- Delete META-INF inside the jar
- Launch Minecraft and check
Tips and Warnings:
- Minecraft Forge has a built in FML (ModLoader), you don’t need to install any.
- It’s better to install MCF on a fresh copy of Minecraft.
- Majority of Forge mods install inside, <C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods> folder.
- Do a test run before installing any mods in MCForge.
- Minecraft Forge updates very often, make sure you have latest version.