Minecraft Forge (API) for Minecraft 1.7.4, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 is an open-source tool or a modification layer which provides modding capabilities to developers and players. It allows them to remove and sometimes minimize the incompatibilities between Minecraft mods. For instance; players can install multiple mods of similar functionality without any glitches or errors. On the other hand developers can hook their mods rightly without worrying about conflicts with other mods.
Minecraft Forge Changelogs:
Changelog: 1.7.2 Build 1034: LexManos: Fixed hashcode in FluidContainerRegistry, still needs a redesign. Closes #967 ohai.iChun: Add cancelable RenderHandEvent. LexManos: Fix a typo in our tile entity fix causing it to be ineffective. Build 1.6.4-18.104.22.1685 LexManos Bump build for gradle fixes: Now Builds for java 1.6 Include version,json in universal Fixed classpath issues in eclipse task.
Minecraft Forge for Mincecraft 1.7.4 and below:
For 1.7.4: Not released yet.
For 1.7.2: forge-1.7.2-10.12.0.1034-installer.jar (2.5 MB)
For v1.6.4: forge-1.6.4-22.214.171.1245-installer.jar (Installer, 2.2 MB)
The download link above updates automatically to latest version of Forge.
For v1.6.2: minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-126.96.36.1991.jar (2.0 MB)
For v1.5.2 - minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-188.8.131.528.zip (1.9 MB)
For v1.4.7 – minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-184.108.40.2064.zip (1.73 MB)
By LexManos, supports all platforms.
How to install Minecraft Forge API:
The Forge 1.6.2 install guide universal is different unless you’re using installer, the steps below are for v1.5.2 and below.
- Download the latest version of Forge from link above.
- Go to your /.minecraft/bin folder and open Minecraft.jar using WinRAR or 7zip
- Open mod zip file, drag and drop its files and folders into the jar
- Delete META-INF inside the jar
- Launch Minecraft and check
Tips and Warnings:
- Minecraft Forge has a built in FML (ModLoader), you don’t need to install any.
- It’s better to install MCF on a fresh copy of Minecraft.
- Majority of Forge mods install inside, <C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods> folder.
- Do a test run before installing any mods in MCForge.
- Minecraft Forge updates very often, make sure you have latest version.